Monday, August 15, 2016

My contribution to the Pac Cup Men

To all the wonderful men and women who brave the mighty Pacific in boats.

I'm blessed to have been invited to share in this huge adventure. [TWICE//// Do U Believe he asked me again?? Yahoo]
Cheers to all the Pac Cup Crowd..

I offer My sincere thanks To all the wives Who have allowed these crazy
budgets to be spent, all in the name of comradely and adventure..

My contribution after many days at a 24 degree heel.

Just doing the math for the big #1

It occurred to me at the banquet dinner. I was lucky to be sitting between Jack and Trav Vetter. I was dumbfounded
by the lengths and math" invented" to decide who gets a bowl as opposed to a clock.

Now on to the math of a more serious dilemma. You women must sit always, so there's is less drama in your daily routine.
But, To stand or sit to pee. That is the Question.
The height of the man in question is the first variable. Lets call that the X factor..
Picture us Standing with the door open, and one foot in the hall, head wedged against the mirror,
this is where the math takes hold.. The difference in inches between the top of the bowl, and the angle of the dangle
varies greatly, especially when it gets colder. I calculate that the bowl is about 14.65 inches in width. making the proper degree of slope about 24 degrees. Port and /or stbd. The error factor should be easier to calculate, but NO.. Have you ever seen a stream of liquid bend into a 80 degree arc? And then Jibe to the other board, with absolutely zero warning, before you can correct? It isn't pretty.. Our invention would amount to Just a little tubing, and some carefully shaped receiver.
I therefore suggest that the Pacific Club YC, as a fund raiser, invent and patient a variable height suction device added to the current required plumbing equipment. Add it to the current inspection lists. Then promote the War lord the main inspector General for this critical new safety equipment. I'm sure he will assign me the task. Many Slips and falls could be avoided, plus the daily lectures from our Captain.

Submitted for your perusal

Andy T Return team member for Tiki Blue

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: